October 7, 2008

Stranded on a Desert Island

An often posed question: What 10 books would I bring if I were stranded on a desert island? This was really hard for me.  I get bored easily so I picked more weighty works that I could get lost in, instead of more practical ones.  Also, there are so many great books I own I have not read yet. Which list should I choose?  
  
Have Read? 
1 The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova 
2 The Complete Works of Jane Austen 
3 Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden 
4 Lord of the Rings Trilogy (The Hobbit too.) 
5 The Tailor’s Daughter (amazing, well-rounded historical fiction novel) 
6 Harry Potter Series 
7 Contact by Carl Sagan 
8 Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon 
9 The Thirteenth Tale by Dianne Setterfield 
10 To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee   
Or Not Yet Read? 
1 The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger 
2 Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke 
3 The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas 
4 Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand 
5 The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck 
6 Katherine by Anya Seton 
7 The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 
8 Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley 
9 Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 
10 Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

No comments:

Post a Comment