November 5, 2008

Michael Crichton

Not everyone would have loved Michael Crichton's books I'm sure but I did very much and I am so sad that he has passed away from cancer. I remember being struck by his novel Congo and how much technical information he included. I felt like I was learning something as well as being taken on an adventure. After that novel I went on to read all of his other novels with The Andromeda Strain, Eaters of the Dead and Congo being favorites, although I have yet to read Next (because I hate the tall paperback format and I always buy paperbacks). I would visit his website once every couple of months eagerly waiting for an announcement of a new novel. He never shied away from controversial topics like global warming in State of Fear or sexual harrassment by a women in Disclosure. I know many people loved not only his novels but his movies and Television shows. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment