February 10, 2009

Tuesday Thingers

Today's question: Do you use a rating system on your blog? How do you feel about using the rating system provided on sites like Library Thing and Amazon? When looking up information on a book you are interested in, do you use the ratings provided by these sites (or similar sites) to help you make the decision on purchasing the book?
Yes I do! I like to rate the books because I compare all the books I have read to each other. I don't base my decisions too much on other people's ratings because its all subjective...I like what I like and so do you. I do use the rating system on LibraryThing as a guideline but never use Amazon.com/Amazon.ca...they always seem to be skewed one way or another. I think the rating systems for Chapters and Barnes&Noble are more true. I look more at the reviews posted and not the ratings...about what aspects of the book reviewers like/dislike.

No comments:

Post a Comment