April 8, 2009

Postings

I was a little late posting my Tuesday Thingers review...I think you'll forgive me though...I was enjoying the craziness that is LAS VEGAS for four days. This was my first visit as an adult and only my second time, previously staying at Excalibur when I was just a kid. This time we stayed at Mandalay Bay and the hotel is HUGE! We went to a couple shows, toured Fremont Street (the massive digital screen cover was amazing) and of course walked Las Vegas Blvd. until we dropped. The Venetian was the most beautiful hotel…a must see…as well as the Bellagio fountains, Caesar’s Forum Shops and any Cirque de Soleil show. With the rarity of my posts lately I have to admit I am going through a reading funk. When winter drags on in Canada and I have not been out having fun in the sun I get a bit depressed and disinterested…even in reading books. I start to skim through what I read and when that happens I know I have to take a break so the same enjoyment level returns. Well I think I have gotten back my reading mojo after the great time in Las Vegas. I stopped into a Borders and much prefer the layout of ChaptersIndigo over Borders, although Borders looked to have a better selection of music and movies. What struck me as odd was that Borders had less book stacks/rows dedicated to Fiction/Literature and more in proportion for Romance as compared to ChaptersIndigo. Go figure. I finished Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks on the plane trip back so should have a post up soon of my review.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a great time in Las Vegas. It's a fun city, but very exhausting. I love the Venetian too. Someday maybe I'll be able to afford to stay there. I bet Mandalay Bay was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It absolutely was. One of my favorite hotels of all that we toured...and it smelled like a tropical island!

    ReplyDelete