April 27, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife Movie

I have not yet read the book by Audrey Niffenegger but I have purchased a copy and plan on reading it before the movie is released on August 14. The production stars Rachel McAdams as Clare and Eric Bana as Henry. There are a lot of fans who are hoping that the movie will be just as good as the book. More details here at IMDB. Based on the best-selling book about a love that transcends time. Clare has been in love with Henry her entire life. She believes they are destined to be together, even though she never knows when they will be separated: Henry is a time traveler--cursed with a rare genetic anomaly that causes him to live his life on a shifting timeline, skipping back and forth through his lifespan with no control. Despite the fact that Henry's travels force them apart with no warning, Clare desperately tries to build a life with her one true love.
One of my favourite Movies-Based-on-the-Book is Memoirs of a Geisha. Arthur Golden wove an incredible story and the movie really did the book justice. P&P and the Colin Firth BBC mini-series also was incredibly good. Do you have a favourite movie/book combination?

7 comments:

  1. I have not read this one either but I have been wanting to. I had no idea that a movie for it was in the works. Well, this gives me a good excuse to go ahead and read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this book either yt, but I have it on my shelf and will be getting to it this year hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy the book. When I read it I will definitely be posting a review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read Time Travelers Wife ASAP, before the film comes out.
    Memoirs of a Geisha is one of my favorite books and films too. As is Pride & Prejudice. I liked all the BBC versions of Jane Austens novels.
    And I loved the film Emma, not the BBC one, the one with Gwenyth Paltrow. It was really cute.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naida - I like that Emma too. I also liked the most recent Pride & Prejudice with Keira Knightly...I don't think its a favourite of a lot of Austen fans but I think it provides another perspective...I liked the real life feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that book so much. I can't expect great things.. but I think it should be pretty good. But of course not as amazing as the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toni, I think the movies are never as good as good as the book...although I can watch P&P over and over again. :)

    ReplyDelete