April 14, 2009

Tuesday Thingers

Today's Question from Wendi's Book Corner: Have you explored the different styles? Have you customized any of the styles? If so, what are your favorite customized items (isbn, Dewey Decimal, Reviews, Book-Swap, etc)?
Yes I have with positive and negative consequences.  I prefer Style A but I have since forgotten exactly what this style sheet's fields are supposed to be since I customized it a few months ago. BEWARE...when I was customizing (by clicking the pencil at the end of Styles) somehow I accidently erased all the field definitions and I had to start from scratch. Now my Styles C, D, and E have no fields besides Shared and I cannot set them back to their defaults.  I use only Style A and Style B with the difference being that Style A lists Reviews and Style B lists Entry Date, as well as Book Cover, Title, Author, Date, Tags, Rating and Shared.
I would say Reviews are my favourite customized item so far...I like being able to sort or search by author and see which books I have written reviews on and which I have not.  I will have to check the other items that can be added.  I seem to remember that we could only have 8 or 9 different fields per style sheet but now it looks like you can have up to 12.
I hope LibaryThing one day adds a feature to set style sheets back to defaults.

3 comments:

  1. It's good to know that we have to be careful with the formatting. What a nightmare that would be to wipe the fields clear! I would be at a loss for what to do.

    My favorite fields are the language and awards fields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely panicked! I wil have to check out the awards field. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that you couldn't switch the styles back to their defaults. I'm surprised they haven't added that feature. I almost cleared all mine the night I was playing with the styles.

    Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week, have you seen the LT Helper Badges? ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete