May 26, 2009

Tuesday Thingers

Today's Question from Wendi's Book Corner: Is there anything you would like to see added to the Library Thing site? Is there something you like on another bookshelf style site that LT doesn't have? Ok I'm being picky but I would like to see the ISBN (s) on the book Main page as required and not only on the Details page. Why? When I am browsing books and reviews and/or I have added a book to my library I like every book to have an ISBN...because I use the ISBN to also look the book up on Amazon, Chapters, B&N, etc. and when adding to Bookpedia. So its a bit of a hassle to always flip to the Details page. Currently ISBNs are only visible on the Main page when a book has a Book Description, which can be found at the bottom of the book Main page.
When you add a book review on GoodReads I like that you are given the HTML code for your review that you can post on your blog to link back to GR. I do prefer LibraryThing over GoodReads though.
It might be time for LibraryThing to add Your Music/Your Audio/Your Video/Your ebooks, etc.  as Library's are not just for books anymore.  Or change "Your books" to "Your library" What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I never even considered other media, but you are right - our library has all of those!

    :) Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week. ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete