August 22, 2009

Tuesday Thingers, Vacationing

Tuesday's Questions from Wendi's Book Corner: Have you recently browsed any of the groups? Are you actively participating in any groups? Do you have any favorites?
I recently browsed the Early Reviewer's group and I think I am a member but not sure. This would be my favourite group. Its a good reference place to see if others have received their books yet. I find it difficult to juggle my blog with my work and I have found that I am not able to read as much as I used to, which is making me unhappy and depressed. So joining groups takes away from the reading I can do because I end up spending more time on the computer. I do have groups on ChaptersIndigo Community that I keep up with...like 50 books in 2009... but I find myself posting less. I do not want to sacrifice reading time to be on the computer so some things have to get cut.
Hello Sunshine
I am way late this week posting my TuesdayThinger answer and I may miss next week...because I will be on vacation. Whoo hoo!! We have not had any other vacation this year so I am really looking forward to it. Wine tours, golf, sun, sand...what could be better!!
So I am trying to plan what books to bring with me on vacation. I was having trouble for awhile there reading anything overlong, so I decided to read something lighter, hence Beauty by Robin McKinley. I just started reading Sepulchre by Kate Mosse, a weighty book at over 700 pages, since I promised myself my next read after Beauty would be longer and require dedication. Liking it so far. I have decided to to bring The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley and the first three books in C.L. Wilson's Tauren Soul series. I'd like to bring an additional historical fiction or mystery option. So, out of the list below what do you think would be perfect to read on my summer vacation?
Grand Sophy or Arabella, Georgette Heyer
A Fatal Waltz, Tasha Alexander
The Last Queen, C.W. Gortner
Grave Goods, Ariana Franklin
The Meaning of Night Michael Cox
Sacrifice, S.J. Bolton

2 comments:

  1. I am a member of the ER group...but since it has been so very long since I won a book, I find reading there depressing..lol
    And it is true that any on-line time cuts down ones 'real' reading time...so I best go find a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a member of Early Reviewers on LT and have gotten quite a few books through them.
    Have fun on your vacation. it sure sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete